experienced Cook iii for private golf club
Currently we are seeking a Cook III with 3+ years experience in a professional and refined kitchen environment.
Desert Mountain is recognized as one of the world's finest private golf communities. Located in the elevated foothills of North Scottsdale, Arizona, Desert Mountain spans more than 8,000 acres of lush high Sonoran Desert. The Desert Mountain Club has six Jack Nicklaus Signature golf courses, six distinctive clubhouses, nine kitchens, hiking/biking trails, horseback riding, and a spectacular tennis, swim, fitness and spa facility.
We believe our employees are among our greatest assets. When you join Desert Mountain, you are immersed in a culture of continued learning and growth. Our kitchens are overseen by our Director of Culinary Operations, Chef Bertrand Bouquin, who has 30 years of experience in the food and beverage industry and has worked at the highest level of quality in Michelin 3-star restaurants and AAA 5-Diamond and Forbes 5-Star establishments.
- Follows recipes, portion controls and presentation specifications as set by the Chef de Cuisine/Sous Chef.
- Tests prepared foods to determine if food is properly cooked and seasoned.
- Prepares all food items as directed in a sanitary and timely manner.
- Works productively with little supervision.
- Produces daily featured items.
- Ability to fabricate beef, poultry and seafood.
- Follows all specifications to properly set up hot and/or cold line stations.
- Receives food deliveries and stores and labels items properly to prevent spoilage.
- Assists with the cleaning, sanitation and organization of the kitchen, walk-in coolers and all storage areas.
- Knowledge of the FIFO method as it pertains to culinary storage.
- Maintains the cleanliness and safety of work areas at all times.
- Practices safe work habits at all times to avoid injury to self and others.
- Complies with company and departmental safety rules and regulations including the proper handling of all relevant equipment and machinery.
- Executes additional responsibilities as directed by the Chef de Cuisine/Sous Chef.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
- Must have a proficient knowledge of sautéing, broiling, poaching, boiling, steaming and braising.
- Must be able to prepare soups, stocks, and sauces.
- Clear understanding of professional cooking and knife skills.
- Professional communication skills required for both front and back of the house.
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Must have good math skills to accurately adapt ingredient measurements for recipes.
- Food Handler's card required.
UNUSUAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & PHYSICAL CONDITIONS:
- Must be able to work days/nights, weekends and holidays.
- The employee is frequently required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- The employee is routinely required to stand for long periods of time.
We provide an array of comprehensive benefit options that satisfy our workforce needs. Benefits include:
Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
401(K) Retirement Savings
Employee Parking and Meals
Employee Discounts at Desert Mountain Retail Stores
Free Golf and Tennis
Employee Recognition Programs
Employee Uniforms Provided
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should submit their resume through this website or apply in person Monday - Friday from 9am-4pm in the Human Resources Office located at:
10550 East Desert Hills Drive
Scottsdale, AZ 85262
Located 2.5 miles east of Pima and Cave Creek Roads.
**Our property can be reached from Pima Road, Cave Creek Road and Loop 101 and is just 40 minutes from downtown Phoenix and 50 minutes from the East Valley.