Full Time Club Maintenance Engineer II
Desert Mountain is recognized as one of the world's finest private golf communities. Located in the elevated foothills of North Scottsdale, Arizona, Desert Mountain spans more than 8,000 acres of lush high Sonoran Desert. The Desert Mountain Club has six Jack Nicklaus Signature golf courses, six distinctive clubhouses, nine kitchens, hiking/biking trails, horseback riding, and a spectacular tennis, swim, fitness and spa facility. We believe our employees are among our greatest assets. If you would like to be part of an exciting, challenging and rewarding experience, then Desert Mountain is the place for you!
Currently we are seeking a Club Maintenance Engineer II.
This position will work on our Projects team. Candidate must have strong mechanical ability in plumbing, electrical, carpentry, painting, drywall, texturing and other related repair and maintenance skills.
- Conducts preventive maintenance, troubleshoots and makes repairs to the plumbing, HVAC, building structure, lighting, electrical and mechanical equipment of all buildings at DMC.
- Assists the Assistant Chief Engineer in planning, laying out and implementing special projects in a timely manner.
- Immediately repairs or reports any hazardous situations that are observed to the Assistant Chief Engineer, Chief Engineer or Director of Facilities and Construction.
- Assists with any project that is deemed necessary to keep a well-organized and maintained Club for members and guests.
- Maintains the assigned maintenance vehicle in a safe, clean, organized, fully stocked and mechanically sound condition by conducting daily inspections.
- Assists the Team Leader in ordering and maintaining a par stock of supplies in order to expedite all projects, repairs and maintenance.
- Assists the Assistant Chief Engineer in maintaining all maintenance shops and storage areas in a safe, orderly, organized, labeled, neat and clean manner.
- Completes and documents daily walk throughs on check lists and records all tasks, work requests, preventive maintenance and projects completed. Keeps the Team Leader informed of all uncompleted work or equipment not working by using the pass down board.
- Completes and inputs any assigned work requests, PM’s and BEO’s for the Facilities Dude work order system or on the Engineering Log Sheet upon completion within 48 hours or the assigned time frame of the assignment.
- Checks the Catering BEO Book on a daily basis. Assists the Assistant Chief Engineer with set up of all functions in a professional and timely manner. Keeps the Assistant Chief Engineer informed of any changes, which may have recently occurred.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS OR EQUIVALENT:
-High School Diploma or equivalent. A Technical School diploma and Certificate helpful.
-Must have a current Arizona driver’s license and a good driving record.
-Strong mechanical ability in plumbing, electrical, kitchen and laundry equipment, pool care, carpentry, painting and other related skills pertaining to building maintenance.
-Must be computer literate and able to speak, read and write English.
-Be able to read blue prints, schematics and symbols.
PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
-Two years experience in electrical, mechanical, plumbing and building maintenance in a hospitality or related atmosphere.
WORKING KNOWLEDGE TO BE ACQUIRED ON THE JOB:
-Work in a team atmosphere sharing in work projects and ideas as to complete projects in a timely and professional manner.
-Thorough knowledge of current industry standards through educational opportunities.
UNUSUAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
-Top physical condition, able to lift minimum 75lbs., climb 20 foot ladders, be able to work in confined areas.
-Surroundings; inside and outside — hot, dry, wet, noisy, dirty, oily.
-Hazards; injury from contact with hot pipes or equipment, electrical circuit or moving machinery.
Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
401(K) Retirement Savings
Employee Parking and Meals
Employee Discounts at Desert Mountain Retail Stores
Free Golf and Tennis
Employee Recognition Programs
Employee Uniforms Provided
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should submit their resume through this website or apply in person Monday - Friday from 9am-4pm in the Human Resources Office located at:
10550 East Desert Hills Drive Scottsdale, AZ 85262
Located 2.5 miles east of Pima and Cave Creek Rd.
**Desert Mountain can be easily reached from Pima Road, Cave Creek Road and Loop 101 and is just 35 minutes from downtown Phoenix and 50 minutes from the East Valley.