Project Tradesman Engineer
Must have at least 5 years experience and highly skilled in mill and cabinet, drywall, texturing, painting, floor and wall tile install and ability to repair/install electrical, plumbing and other major/minor new and remodeling construction.
- Assists the Director of Facilities and Construction, Chief Engineer and Assistant Chief Engineer in planning, estimating, laying out and implementing special projects as required, in a timely manner.
- Assures that all projects are completed according to code in a timely, neat and safe manner.
- Responsible for researching, ordering and receiving all materials needed to complete capital, major and minor projects.
- Marks and updates all new and additional equipment and tools received.
- Responsible for issuing, logging and the return of all loaned tools and equipment.
- Provides training for the maintenance staff as it pertains to the project trades to promote continuing education.
- Immediately repairs or reports any hazardous situations that are observed to the Director of Facilities and Construction, Chief Engineer or Assistant Chief Engineer.
- Orders and maintains a par stock inventory of supplies, equipment, parts and building materials.
- Assists with any project that is deemed necessary to keep a organized and maintained Club for members and guests.
- Maintains all storage areas in a safe, orderly, organized, labeled, neat and clean manner.
- Assists the Director of Facilities and Construction, Chief Engineer or Assistant Chief Engineer with any budget, capital improvement items or major equipment in need of replacement due to age or damage.
- Completes and inputs any assigned work requests and enters them in to the Facilities Dude work request system upon completion or before the assigned completion date.
- Reports to the Director of Facilities and Construction, Chief Engineer and Assistant Chief Engineer any and all major problems, changes or out of the ordinary situations that are encountered.
- Keeps a positive relationship between the Director of Facilities and Construction, Chief Engineer, Assistant Chief Engineer, staff and managers of other departments.
- Orders and maintains a tool and parts par supply of any and all items needed to maintain the area/s of responsibility in a safe, neat, clean, orderly and professional manner.
- Maintains the assigned maintenance vehicle in a safe, clean, fully supplied and mechanically sound condition by conducting daily inspections.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS OR EQUIVALENT:
High School diploma or equivalent. Must have diploma and or certificate in one or more of the required fields. Must have a current Arizona driver’s license and a good driving record.
Strong mechanical ability, knowledge and experience in all aspects of the building engineering trades, including but not limited to, electrical, plumbing, mechanical, dry wall, texturing, carpentry (finish and rough), mill and cabinet, flooring, tile work and masonry. Must possess the skill to teach and train maintenance staff. Must be proficient in reading schematics, blue prints and symbols. Must be computer literate and able to speak, read and write English.
PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Five years experience in all aspects of electrical, plumbing, mechanical, mechanical, dry wall, texturing carpentry, mill and cabinet, tile work, flooring and masonry in a hospitality or related atmosphere.
WORKING KNOWLEDGE TO BE ACQUIRED ON THE JOB:
Work in a team atmosphere sharing in work projects and ideas as to complete projects in a timely and professional manner. Thorough knowledge of current industry standards through educational opportunities.
UNUSUAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
Top physical condition, able to lift minimum 75 lbs. Climb 20 foot ladders, be able to work in confined areas. Surroundings; inside and outside – hot, dry, wet, noisy, dirty, oily.
Hazards; injury from contact with hot pipes or equipment, electrical circuit or moving machinery
Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
401(K) Retirement Savings
Employee Parking and Meals
Employee Discounts at Desert Mountain Retail Stores
Free Golf and Tennis
Employee Recognition Programs
Employee Uniforms Provided
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should submit their resume through this website or apply in person Monday - Friday from 9am-4pm in the Human Resources Office located at:
10550 East Desert Hills Drive Scottsdale, AZ 85262
Located 2.5 miles east of Pima and Cave Creek Rd.
**Desert Mountain can be easily reached from Pima Road, Cave Creek Road and Loop 101 and is just 35 minutes from downtown Phoenix and 50 minutes from the East Valley.