Full Time Maintenance Pool Technician
Work in ONE beautiful location in a great environment with excellent benefits! Must have strong mechanical ability in plumbing, pumps, piping, electrical and pool maintenance. Must have a minimum of 2 years operating and maintaining pools in a commercial or resort setting. Must have a valid CPO certification.
- Conducts daily checks and corrects the pool chemicals and water quality for the family and lap pools, spa and fountain. Cleans each pool, spa, fountain and the pool room daily.
- Reports any break downs or needed repairs to the pools or pool equipment to the Assistant Chief Engineer. Repairs any and all pumps, filters, plumbing and associated pool equipment.
- Performs the start up of laundry equipment in the morning, performs Preventive Maintenance and repairs of the laundry equipment as assigned by the Assistant Chief Engineer.
- As assigned by the Assistant Chief Engineer, repairs or maintains equipment for plumbing, lighting, electrical and mechanical equipment of all buildings at DMC.
- Assists the Assistant Chief Engineer in planning, laying out and implementing special projects in a timely manner.
- Immediately repairs or reports any hazardous situations that are observed to the Assistant Chief Engineer, Chief Engineer or Director of Facilities and Construction.
- As assigned by the Assistant Chief Engineer, assists with any projects that are deemed necessary to keep a well-organized and maintained Club for members and guests.
- Maintains the assigned maintenance vehicle in a safe, clean, organized, fully stocked and mechanically sound condition by conducting daily inspections.
- Assists the Assistant Chief Engineer in ordering and maintaining a par stock of supplies in order to expedite all projects, repairs and maintenance.
- Assists the Assistant Chief Engineer in maintaining maintenance shops and storage areas in a safe, orderly, organized, labeled, neat and clean manner.
- Completes and documents any and all inspections on check lists and records all tasks, work requests, preventive maintenance and projects completed in the Facility Dude. Keeps the Assistant Chief Engineer informed of all uncompleted work or equipment not working by using the pass down board.
- Completes and inputs any assigned work requests, PM’s and BEO’s for the Facilities Dude work order system and, if required, within 48 hours or the assigned time frame of the assignment.
- When assigned by the Assistant Chief Engineer, assists with any set up of functions in a professional and timely manner. Keeps the Assistant Chief Engineer informed of any changes, which may have recently occurred.
- Reports to the Director of Facilities and Construction, Chief Engineer and Assistant Chief Engineer any and all major problems, changes or out of the ordinary situations that are encountered.
- Immediately repairs or reports any hazardous situations that are observed to the Director of Facilities and Construction, Chief Engineer or Assistant Chief Engineer.
- Provides training for the maintenance staff as it pertains to the pools and their operations.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS OR EQUIVALENT:
High School Diploma or equivalent.
A Technical School diploma is helpful.
Must have a current Certified Pool Operators certificate.
Must have a current Arizona driver’s license and a good driving record.
Strong mechanical ability in trouble shooting and repairing of plumbing, pumps, piping, electrical, and pool maintenance.
Must be computer literate and able to speak, read and write English.
Be able to read blue prints, schematics and symbols.
PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Must have a minimum of two years operating and maintaining commercial or resort environment pools.
WORKING KNOWLEDGE TO BE ACQUIRED ON THE JOB:
Work in a team atmosphere sharing in work projects and ideas as to complete projects in a timely and professional manner.
Thorough knowledge of current industry standards through educational opportunities.
UNUSUAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
Top physical condition, able to lift minimum 75lbs., climb 20 foot ladders, be able to work in confined areas.
Surroundings; inside and outside – hot, dry, wet, noisy, dirty, oily.
Hazards; injury from contact with hot pipes or equipment, electrical circuit or moving machinery.
Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
401(K) Retirement Savings
Employee Parking and Meals
Employee Discounts at Desert Mountain Retail Stores
Free Golf and Tennis
Employee Recognition Programs
Employee Uniforms Provided
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should submit their resume through this website or apply in person Monday - Friday from 9am-4pm in the Human Resources Office located at:
10550 East Desert Hills Drive Scottsdale, AZ 85262
Located 2.5 miles east of Pima and Cave Creek Rd.
**Desert Mountain can be easily reached from Pima Road, Cave Creek Road and Loop 101 and is just 35 minutes from downtown Phoenix and 50 minutes from the East Valley.