Full Time Experienced Pastry Cook
This position will assist the Senior Pastry Chef with daily production in all aspects of the bakery department, including co-creating signature items that showcase the individuality of each of our six restaurants/clubhouses.
- Responsible for startup of kitchen equipment.
- Responsible for organization and production of daily pastry orders, special requests and production.
- Responsible for quality inspection, proper breakdown and storage of products.
- Bakes breads for each restaurant on a daily basis.
- Creates dessert pars and garnishes, specialty cakes and pies.
- Makes ice cream, sorbets, frozen yogurts as needed.
- Plans desserts for large functions.
- Uses innovation in co-creating seasonal dessert menus.
- Conducts monthly inventory.
- Tracks pastry orders through FoodTrack and BEOs.
- Responsible for pastry costing and financials.
- Responsible for overall cleanliness of bakery area.
- Assists Pastry Chef as directed.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS OR EQUIVALENT:
Culinary degree required.
Food Handler's Card required.
Advanced baking skills, advanced pastry skills.
Microsoft Excel and Word knowledge.
PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Three years experience in refined culinary environment with pastry experience.
UNUSUAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
Lifting up to 50 lbs, bending, long hours on feet, hot work environment.
At Desert Mountain Club we value our employees and recognize they are the key to our company’s success. We provide an array of comprehensive benefit options that satisfy our workforce needs.
Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
401(K) Retirement Savings
Employee Parking and Meals
Employee Discounts at Desert Mountain Retail Stores
Free Golf and Tennis
Employee Recognition Programs
Employee Uniforms Provided
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should submit their resume through this website or apply in person Monday - Friday from 9am-4pm in the Human Resources Office located at:
10550 East Desert Hills Drive Scottsdale, AZ 85262
Located 2.5 miles east of Pima and Cave Creek Rd.
**The property can be easily reached from Pima Road, Cave Creek Road and Loop 101 and is 45 minutes from downtown Phoenix and 50 minutes from the East Valley.