Post Date: Monday, September 25, 2017
Lead Cooks for Desert Mountain Club
We are looking for Lead Cooks for our Constantino's
Fine Dining Italian Restaurant and our AZ Grill at Outlaw Restaurant.
Desert Mountain is a 5-Star Platinum Club of America and one of the
largest private clubs in North America. Located in the elevated
foothills of North Scottsdale, Arizona, Desert Mountain spans more than
8,000 acres of lush high Sonoran Desert. The Desert Mountain Club has
six Jack Nicklaus Signature golf courses, six distinctive clubhouses,
nine kitchens, hiking/biking trails, horseback riding, and a spectacular
tennis, swim, fitness and spa facility. We believe our employees are
among our greatest assets. If you would like to be part of an exciting,
challenging and rewarding experience, then Desert Mountain is the place
1. Follows recipes, portion controls and presentation specifications as set by the Chef de Cuisine/Sous Chef.
2. Tests prepared foods to determine if food is properly cooked and seasoned.
3. Prepares all food items as directed in a sanitary and timely manner.
4. Works productively with little supervision.
5. Produces daily featured items.
6. Fabricates beef, poultry and seafood.
7. Follows all specifications to properly set up hot and/or cold line stations.
8. Receives food deliveries and stores and labels items properly to prevent spoilage.
9. Assists with the cleaning, sanitation and organization of the kitchen, walk in coolers and all storage areas.
10. Knowledge of the FIFO method as it pertains to culinary storage.
11. Maintains the cleanliness and safety of work areas at all times.
12. Practices safe work habits at all times to avoid injury to self and others.
13. Complies with company and departmental safety rules and regulations
including the proper handling of all relevant equipment and machinery.
14. Executes additional responsibilities as directed by the Chef de Cuisine/Sous Chef.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS OR EQUIVALENT:
High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
Culinary degree preferred but not required.
Must have a proficient knowledge of sautéing, broiling, poaching, boiling, steaming and braising.
Must be able to prepare soups, stocks, and sauces.
Clear understanding of professional cooking and knife skills.
Professional communication skills required with both front and back of the house staff.
Able to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
Must have good math skills to accurately adapt ingredient measurements for recipes.
Food Handler's card required.
PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Three years experience in a professional, fast-paced kitchen environment.
UNUSUAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
Must be able to work days/nights, weekends and holidays.
The employee is frequently required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The employee is routinely required to stand for long periods of time.
Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
FREE Employee Meals During Work Shifts
401(K) Retirement Savings
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Employee Discounts at Desert Mountain Retail Stores
Free Golf and Tennis
Employee Recognition Programs
Employee Uniforms Provided
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should submit their resume through this website
or apply in person Monday - Friday from 9am-4pm in the Human Resources
Office located at:
10550 East Desert Hills Drive
Scottsdale, AZ 85262
**The property can be easily reached from Pima Road, Cave Creek
Road and Loop 101 and is just 40 minutes from downtown Phoenix and 50
minutes from the East Valley.
VISIT OUR WEBSITE: