Post Date: Wednesday, October 11, 2017
Fitness & Wellness Manager
Responsible for the daily operations of the Fitness, Health and Wellness department with emphasis on the coordination and development of programs, personnel training and testing.
Desert Mountain is
recognized as one of the world's finest private golf communities. Located in
the elevated foothills of North Scottsdale, Arizona, Desert Mountain spans more
than 8,000 acres of lush high Sonoran Desert. The Desert Mountain Club has six
Jack Nicklaus Signature golf courses, six distinctive clubhouses, nine
kitchens, hiking/biking trails, horseback riding, and a spectacular tennis, swim,
fitness and spa facility. We believe our employees are among our greatest
assets. If you would like to be part of an exciting, challenging and rewarding
experience, then Desert Mountain is the place for you!
1. Organizes and conducts wellness/fitness classes as appropriate throughout the year to include personal training on as needed basis.
2. Coordinates lectures, health fairs, and special events for Fitness, Health and Wellness.
3. Works together with Recreation Manager on combined Recreation, Health and Wellness programming.
4. Works closely with Member Services in regards to promoting Health and Wellness events and speaker series.
5. Works with Spa Manager to create Health and Wellness Spa packages.
6. Prepares annual calendar of wellness/fitness activities and coordinates the events
7. Actively monitors all member services to ensure standards of operations constantly meet or exceed the established guidelines.
8. Ensures a consistent new Member Orientation Program is offered to our membership.
9. Provides personal training, fitness evaluations and consultation to member/guest in a professional manner.
10. Prepares annual budgets for all areas of responsibility.
11. Responsible for setting and maintaining standard operating procedures by company, such as schedules, fair employee treatment, employee uniforms and the clubhouse standards as prescribed in the Desert Mountain standard operating policies and procedures.
12. Oversees the staffing and programming of Fitness Center.
13. Advises staff on fitness testing and training procedures.
14. Conducts employee performance appraisals as required.
15. Promotes, commends, transfers, disciplines and recommends termination of employees within the recreational facilities of the Sonoran Clubhouse.
16. Enforces all club rules and regulations governing the use of recreational facilities.
17. Keeps abreast of changes, new aspects and innovations within the field by means of professional organizations, current literature, and continuing education. Advises management on fitness testing methods, modern equipment and pertaining laws.
18. Communicates on a daily basis with the Director of Tennis Spa and Fitness to ensure a coordinated effort aimed at providing a year round, world class experience for the club members and guests.
19. Assures fitness areas are inspected on a daily basis prior to the start of day and ascertains that all maintenance has been performed.
20. Prepares and implements an on-going training program for employees and schedules monthly staff meetings.
21. Performs all designated duties in a cordial, efficient and professional manner, always maintaining a commitment to member satisfaction by being attentive to and taking immediate action to all member/guest concerns, problems and requests.
22. Receives and reviews all departmental financial reports on a monthly basis. Verifies for accuracy and makes proper corrections and changes.
23. Supervises inventory management and cost control through purchasing, receiving, transfers and merchandise at a reasonable level commensurate with members’ needs.
24. Assists with the upkeep, safety, and maintenance and inventory of the testing equipment, computer, weight room equipment, and to work cooperatively with maintenance personnel who service the equipment.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS OR EQUIVALENT:
College graduate or at least 10 years in the fitness and wellness industry.
UNUSUAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
Able to work weekends and holidays as business requires. Frequent standing and walking.
Medical, Dental and
Paid Time Off
Paid Sick Time
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
401(K) Retirement Savings
Employee Parking and Meals
Employee Discounts at Desert Mountain Retail Stores
Free Golf and Tennis
Employee Recognition Programs
Employee Uniforms Provided
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should submit their resume
through this website or
apply in person Monday - Friday from 9am-4pm in the Human Resources Office
10550 East Desert Hills Drive
Scottsdale, AZ 85262
property can be easily reached from Pima Road, Cave Creek Road and Loop 101 and
is just 40 minutes from downtown Phoenix and 50 minutes from the East Valley.