Post Date: Tuesday, November 14, 2017
Jr. Sous Chefs for Constantino's Fine Dining Italian Restaurant and our AZ Grill at Outlaw Restaurant
Desert Mountain is a 5-Star Platinum Club of America and one of the
largest private clubs in North America. Located in the elevated
foothills of North Scottsdale, Arizona, Desert Mountain spans more than
8,000 acres of lush high Sonoran Desert. The Desert Mountain Club has
six Jack Nicklaus Signature golf courses, six distinctive clubhouses,
nine kitchens, hiking/biking trails, horseback riding, and a spectacular
tennis, swim, fitness and spa facility. We believe our employees are
among our greatest assets. If you would like to be part of an exciting,
challenging and rewarding experience, then Desert Mountain is the place
- Implements and creates new menu items and/or daily specials with direction from Chef de Cuisine or Sous Chef.
- Aides Chef de Cuisine and Sous Chef with physical inventories at month end.
- Tracks invoices and labor to maintain cost controls.
- Assists Chef de Cuisine or Sous Chef with scheduling kitchen staff and ensures staff follows schedule accordingly.
- Creates and implements use of prep lists to keep production on schedule.
- Creates, maintains and enforces use of standardized recipes to ensure consistency of product.
- Maintains kitchen facilities in a neat, clean and organized fashion to meet county health standards.
- Participates in counseling, training and evaluating staff with assistance from Chef de Cuisine or Sous Chef.Assists Clubhouse Manager in all aspects of clubhouse operations.
- Assumes 100% responsibility for quality of products served.
- Follows proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes.
- Produces daily-featured items with little oversight from Chef de Cuisine or Sous Chef.
- Responsible for start-up of kitchen – turning on hood vents, ovens, fryers, etc.
- Fills out requisitions for all items needed on the line and submits to receiving clerk.
- Responsible for preparing stations for service.
- Responsible for preparing ordered menu items, checking to ensure quality and presentation.
- Assists Chefs in developing and maintaining healthy, delicious employee meal menus.
- May be asked to prep, clean, cook and prepare employee meals.
- Responsible for proper breakdown and storage of products.
- Assumes responsibility for kitchen in absence of the Chef de Cuisine and Sous Chef.
- Other responsibilities as directed by the Chefs.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS OR EQUIVALENT:
Degree from accredited culinary school of apprenticeship program or equivalent work experience.
Must have a proficient knowledge of sautéing, broiling, poaching, boiling, steaming and braising.
Must be able to prepare soups, stocks, and sauces.
Clear understanding of professional cooking and knife skills.
Professional communication skills required with both front and back of the house staff.
Able to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
Must have good math skills to accurately adapt ingredient measurements for recipes.
Food Handler's card required.
PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
A minimum of 5 years experience in a full service restaurant; minimum of one year demonstrated supervisory experience preferred.
UNUSUAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
Must be able to work days/nights, weekends and holidays.
The employee is frequently required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The employee is routinely required to stand for long periods of time.
Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
FREE Employee Meals During Work Shifts
401(K) Retirement Savings
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Employee Discounts at Desert Mountain Retail Stores
Free Golf and Tennis
Employee Recognition Programs
Employee Uniforms Provided
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should submit their resume through this website
or apply in person Monday - Friday from 9am-4pm in the Human Resources
Office located at:
10550 East Desert Hills Drive
Scottsdale, AZ 85262
*The property can be easily reached from Pima Road, Cave Creek
Road and Loop 101 and is just 40 minutes from downtown Phoenix and 50
minutes from the East Valley.
VISIT OUR WEBSITE: